In the bustling digital marketplace, TikTok has emerged as a non-negotiable frontier for businesses aiming to stay ahead of the curve. With its meteoric rise to fame, TikTok has not just become a hub for viral dances and trends but a powerful tool for business growth and sales. If you’re still on the fence about creating a TikTok account, let me walk you through why it’s essential and how you can set up your account today.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to create, share, and discover short videos. It’s a space where creativity meets commerce, enabling users to express themselves in 15 seconds to ten-minute clips set to music and various audio snippets. Since its global launch in 2018, TikTok has become a cultural phenomenon, especially among Gen Z and Millennials.
Why Should You Start a TikTok Account for Your Business?
The numbers speak for themselves. TikTok has over 1 billion active users worldwide, offering a vast audience for your brand. It’s not just about the size of the platform but the engagement levels. TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes per day on the app, providing a significant opportunity for businesses to capture attention.
Moreover, TikTok’s algorithm is designed to show users content from both followed and unfollowed accounts, increasing the chances of your business being discovered by potential new customers. With features like hashtags, trending sounds, and challenges, businesses can leverage viral content to boost their visibility.
How TikTok Fuels Business Growth and Sales
TikTok’s immersive format allows for innovative storytelling and product showcases that can lead to direct sales. The platform has introduced features like in-app purchases and shoppable ads, making it easier for users to buy products they see in videos. Brands that engage with trends and create authentic content can build trust and community, which translates to customer loyalty and increased sales.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Your TikTok Account
Now, let’s get down to business. Here’s a step-by-step guide, inspired by Nicole Ven’s tutorial, on how to create your TikTok account:
1. Download and Sign Up: Start by downloading the TikTok app from your App Store. Open the app, and you’ll have the option to log in or sign up. Hit the sign-up button to get started.
2. Choose Your Sign-Up Method: You can sign up with an email, phone number, or existing social media accounts. I chose to use my email for this tutorial.
3. Enter Your Details: You’ll need to provide your date of birth for age verification. Then, enter your email address. You can opt-in for newsletters and promotions, which can be a great way to stay on top of trending content and hashtags.
4. Create a Strong Password: Security is key, so make sure your password includes at least eight characters, one letter, one number, and one special character.
5. Set Up Your Profile: Create a catchy nickname that represents your brand. You can then add a profile picture, create an avatar, or upload a photo. Your bio is limited to 80 characters, so make it count. I recommend including your email address for business inquiries.
6. Link Other Accounts: In the ‘Edit Profile’ section, link your Instagram and YouTube channels to cross-promote your content.
7. Profile View History: If you’re curious about who’s checking out your profile, you can turn on the profile view history feature.
8. Build Your Network: You can add friends, find contacts, connect with Facebook friends, or invite friends to follow you on TikTok.
And there you have it—your business is now on TikTok. Happy TikToking!
TikTok by the Numbers
To give you an idea of the platform’s potential, here are some quick stats:
– TikTok is available in over 150 markets, in 75 languages.
– It was the most downloaded app in 2020, with 850 million downloads.
– 63% of TikTok users are between the ages of 10 and 29, making it the perfect platform to reach younger audiences.
The Biggest TikTok Success Stories
Brands like Chipotle, The Washington Post, and e.l.f. Cosmetics have seen tremendous success on TikTok. They’ve used the platform to showcase their brand personality, engage with users, and create viral challenges that encourage user-generated content.
When it comes to creating TikToks that truly resonate with your audience, never underestimate the power of good audio and lighting. These are the bedrock of quality content. Clear, crisp audio ensures your message is heard without strain, while proper lighting can transform the visual appeal of your videos, making them more engaging and professional.
Investing in a decent microphone and a ring light can dramatically improve the quality of your content. This isn’t just about aesthetics; it’s about ensuring your viewers can fully experience the creativity and effort you put into each TikTok. Also, I like using a tripod that helps me create a stabilised video. Whether it’s a narrative, a showcase of products, or a lip-sync, the clarity that comes with good audio and lighting equipment can make the difference between a scroll-past and a viral hit.
Do you want to learn more about TikTok?
TikTok is more than just a passing trend—it’s a vital part of a modern digital marketing strategy. By creating engaging content that resonates with the TikTok community, your business can see real growth in brand awareness and sales. So, take the leap, create your account, and start connecting with a whole new audience today.
I have created an online course that covers all the details about how to promote, build and grow your business or brand on TikTok organically. The course makes you understand why is TikTok different from other social media and how you should approach your marketing strategy.